Our news

parents with child stood next to lake

Can a Step-Parent Obtain Parental Responsibility?

You may wonder if a step-parent can obtain parental responsibility for their step-child, depending on your family situation and desire for the child's wellbeing. This issue touches on a variety of factors, including legal rights, emotional bonds, and the well-being...
Read more
Two older people holding hands

In What Situation Can Grandparents Claim Custody?

In an ideal world, every child would grow up in a loving and stable home with their parents. However, life's unpredictable nature often throws curveballs that disrupt this ideal scenario. Sometimes, grandparents need to step in and take custody of...
Read more
Children's toys on a desk

Major Changes in The Childcare Budget – What to Look Out For

In the Spring 2023 budget, the government announced that they would be making several key changes to childcare – predominantly, the finances around childcare. The cost-of-living crisis has only served to put pressure on families with more and more parents...
Read more
An open computer next to a notepad

Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families Launches Online Platform for Young People Experiencing Mental Health Issues

The Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families has launched a one-stop shop to support young people with mental health issues. This new initiative provides an accessible option for those struggling with their mental wellbeing, allowing them to explore...
Read more
Statistics being discussed

DWP Separate Family Statistics – What Does The Report Show?

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has been conducting a study across Great Britain looking to discern key figures in regards to separated families and their child maintenance agreements. Data collection began in April 2014 and lasted until March...
Read more
Image of a judge's gavel in an office.

Understanding the Court Process for Child Arrangement Orders

This will help those considering an application to the court for a child arrangement order where there are no allegations of domestic violence (DV). The court process is reasonably straight forward and there are normally three stages or appointments (with...
Read more

What Can I Do If I Am Denied Access To My Child?

If you are being denied access to your child, you need to act quickly. Family mediation can help to re-establish contact and often quickly. A large majority of family mediation cases are child-related and due to access being denied or...
Read more
Image of a couple consulting a mediator.

How To Apply For A Child Arrangement Order

To apply for a child arrangement order, you will need to complete a special form called a C100 and it must be signed by an accredited family mediator before the courts will accept your application. If it is not signed,...
Read more
Need some help? We are here to talk
Call today 0330 113 0005