So, what is mediation? Well, it is the best way to try and find agreement with your ex. It is ideal for:
- Agreeing child contact arrangements
- Agreeing where a child will live after separation
- Agreeing financial arrangements for your children
Couples who are planning to separate or divorce, will need to agree what happens to any properties and finances you jointly own. You may also have to discuss what happens to any debts you may have. We will help you talk about:
- How to divide any equity you may have in your home
- If you are married, how pensions may be shared
- What happens with cars, caravans and other expensive items
- How you will pay-off debts accrued from your relationship
If any of the above apply to you, then you should call us first. Using a solicitor may end up being very expensive although your Mediator may suggest you have a consultation with a lawyer, particularly if your finances are complex. You may even want to speak with a Financial Advisor.
Thousands of couples now choose mediation over legal proceedings as it is:
- Up to 75% lower in cost than using lawyers and the courts
- Much less stressful
- It is very convenient as you can choose Online or Face-to-face
- A lot quicker and easier
- And it causes less bad feelings between you and your Ex.
More and more couples are choosing Online Mediation, particularly those who live a distance from each other. Online mediation can begin within a few hours from contacting us.
- Mediate from the comfort of your own home
- No travel costs
- Convenient times to suit you