You may qualify for Reduced Fee Mediation?
As cuts to public services continue, there is less and less likelihood that you will be eligible for Legal Aid (To check, visit our information page for more information). If you are not eligible but are on low income, our Reduced Fees Mediation service may be available to you.
You can receive 25% off our standard fees if you qualify. Call our advisors on 0330 113 0005 to get a decision in principle (Conditions apply, please see below).
Check for yourself, to see if you may eligible to save £000’s on our Reduced Fee Mediation. The information below sets-out the conditions and process but if you are in any doubt call our advisors today or email them at email@example.com
In order to qualify for reduced fee mediation, you will need to meet the following criteria.
- You and your partner’s gross combined income is below £50,000 per annum
- The combined equity in any family property or other properties owned jointly is less than 20% (see below for calculation)
- You and your partner must agree to provide full documented financial disclosure before reduction of fees are applied.
- You and your partner must be residents of the UK.
- You and your partner must agree to the Terms and Conditions detailed below.
If you meet the above criteria, please read the following terms and conditions.
You may receive 25% off our standard mediation fees (to see our Standard Fee Mediation click here).
- The 25% reduction applied once full financial disclosure has been made by both parties
- You must provide documentary proof of income (wages slips, accounts, dividends, etc.)
- You must book and pay for a Pre-Mediation Consultation at the prevailing standard rate (currently £99)
- You and your partner must book and pay for a MIAM at the prevailing standard rate (currently £100 per person)
- On completion of the review of documentary proof of income, your mediator will confirm your eligibility for 25% discount and apply this to your account.
- Once you book and pay for your first joint mediation meeting, your 25% will be applied to all monies paid to date and any future fees.
Below is an illustration of the process and calculation for determining the Reduced Fee Mediation you will pay:
- Call for a Free Eligibility Check on 0330 113 0005 and if you appear to be eligible then
- Book and pay for a Pre-Mediation Consultation at £99.00
- Book and pay for a MIAM for you and your partner (you will each pay separately) at £100 each or £200 total.
- Provide documentary proof of income and property valuation and when you qualify we then apply £74.25 to your account. This is divided into £49.75 to the person who paid for the Pre-Mediation and MIAM and £25.00 to the person who pays for just the MIAM
- You will then only pay £62.75for your first Joint Meeting instead of £150 and your partner will pay £87.50 for theirs.
- All subsequent Joint Meetings will cost each of you only £112.50 instead of £150.
- The reduced fees also apply to your Memorandum of Understanding and Open Statement of Finances.